While it’s trendy to rave about the fall, you can’t deny the intoxicating blend of warm weather and extra daylight. It’s that timeless pairing that makes summer so sublime.
As a child, you loved summer for bringing you freedom from classrooms and cafeterias. It meant prune hands after five hours in the pool, tan lines that lasted for two months, and family vacations that – now in retrospect – were worth their weight in gold.
But before you sigh over days gone by, we’ve got some good news for you: Summer is back, and it wants you to play. Whether it’s camping, swimming, or hitting the theme parks, the possibilities are endless.
So let’s do it. Let’s indulge in the fruits of the season and make it a summer to remember. For inspiration, we’ve listed 7 classic pastimes and infused them with extra flavor to help you savor every second of Summer ’18.
- Schedule Time to Read on the Beach – Go cover to cover with a novel in one sitting with the sand beneath your feet. Pro Tip: Double up on the sunblock.
- Wander & Ponder – Find the nearest natural terrain, hike to its highest point, and meditate for one soul-cleansing hour.
- Cookout Like a Craftsman – Fire up the grill and wow your guests with homemade BBQ sauce. Come up with a catchphrase for applying it. “Cha Poppa!” for example, is available.
- Watch Sun Rise, Watch Sun Set – See the sun come up in the east and head west to soak in the finale. Bonus points for pulling it off on opposite coasts.
- Get Original with Your Getaway – Pack a light bag and drive somewhere – anywhere - totally unplanned. Make unscripted memories that’ll last a lifetime.
- Hot Dog It at the Game – Major League Baseball might be out of your reach, but competitive eating is for all of us. Bring a buddy to the game and see who can put away the most hot dogs by the 7th inning stretch. Winner takes all (the antacids).
- Stop. Hammock Time. – Grab a pillow, get your OFF! on, and enjoy a full night’s sleep under the stars in a hammock.
Here’s to a memorable Summer ‘18. And hey, save us some of that sauce.